A few people have asked me this question, so I thought I would answer it in the group.
Q: I see a conference that I want to speak at, how do I approach them to get booked to speak?
A: First, see if they have a website for the upcoming conference then take a look and see if they have a “Call for Speaker”.
If they do, read it thoroughly and send in exactly what they ask for.
If they don’t have a “Call for Speaker”….
It’s time to create your own opportunity.
Here’s what you do; find out who the event coordinator is and send a 3 touch email campaign or a speaker proposals. Today I’ll talk about the speakers proposal.
Essentially a speakers proposal includes;
- You showing that you know about the conference (who’s there, what they do, their culture),
- Who you are, what you’re an expert at,
- Why you would be a fit for their conference,
- How your information can help the attendees,
- The name of your talk, at least 3 key take ways,
- Type of presentation you are proposing,
- A speakers bio, a partial client list be better,
- Do better, have more,
Listen…..life is too short….Create your own opportunity and start speaking!
Stay Amazing! — Karen D
Karen Donaldson is a #1 Best Selling Author and a Award Winning Executive Public Speaking Coach, Certified Confidence Coach, Self Leadership Coach and international Speaker.